Check out this muffin recipe, buffed up from dietitian Sarah Chau's recipe (check her Instagram out)! Warm, protein-packed bundles of carrot cake (did we already say protein-packed?) that are perfect for snacking, breakfast, dessert, anything....
- 1 1/2 cup carrots grated (about 4-5 carrots)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts/sunflower seeds (plus more for topping)
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 scoop CorePerform Protein Powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup oil or applesauce
- 1/3 cup local maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs or flax eggs (beaten)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract (optional)
- 1 tsp molasses (optional)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients.
- Fold in carrots, raisins, and walnuts until just combined. Be careful to not overwork the batter.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Add batter to a greased muffin tin, top with walnuts & raisins and bake for 15 minutes at 375F.
- For glaze, add coconut sugar to a high-speed blender/food processor. Blend/pulse until coconut sugar becomes powdered consistency.
- Whisk together milk, vanilla extract, and coconut sugar until glaze is made.
- Drizzle over cooled muffins.
- Enjoy warmed.