Servings: 1 (makes 5 meatballs)
- 4 oz. ground turkey/ground chicken/ground beef
- ½ tbsp flax egg OR ½ egg or 1 egg white
- ¼ cup gluten free crackers (Mary’s Gone Crackers used in this recipe), gluten free breadcrumbs, or crushed tortilla chips
- 2 tbsp of preferred chopped vegetables (cauliflower rice was used in this recipe but can substitute arugula, kale, cauliflower, celery, etc.)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Additional seasonings: rosemary, basil, oregano, cayenne pepper, paprika
- In a mixing bowl, mix ground protein of choice, egg or flax egg, breadcrumbs, chopped veg, and seasonings.
- Take a heaping tablespoon of the mixture and shape it into a ball.
- Air fry for 12 minutes at 390 degrees (or oven at 400 degrees).
- Serve with roasted veggies, rice, potatoes, preferred sauce (BBQ, ketchup, marinara, etc.)